Friday, October 10, 2008

AMBITION - Ambition


AMBITION
Ambition
Locomotive Music
4/10




Man, when I was fifteen and I went to the dances after the High School football games, this was exactly the type of music they played. Uplifting, anthemic stuff with those masculine, Lou Gramm vocals that meant you might get to touch some chick's butt while you were dancing with her. Those were the days. We had a big disco ball and some really goofy, '70s-era lights that would blink along with the music.


I went home for summer vacation and when I returned the next year, I was wearing a Motley Crue shirt, ripped up jeans and leather boots. I had grown long hair and possessed a screw-you attitude in general unless an activity was centered upon girls, metal or beer. So when the High School dances started in the fall, I brought in some metal CDs and a $20.00 bill for the DJ and that took care of that Lou Gramm s*!t real quick.


ERIN FOX © 2006 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments: